TikTok feta pasta is one of those dishes that went viral on social media. It is most successful and ridiculously easy to make.
The TikTok feta pasta recipe was first shared by Tilu Piret in 2018 on her blog. But just after one year in 2019, Jenie Hyerinen shared her own version of feta pasta on TikTok where it became a massive hit.
Let’s just say it went viral for good reasons.
It’s a hearty dish made with cherry tomatoes, lightly baked feta, pasta, seasoning, and fresh herbs. It’s one of the tastiest and easiest recipes.
It is amazing how something so simple can taste so supremely delicious. After just one taste you will be hooked.
What is Tik Tok Feta Pasta?
TikTok feta pasta is a super simple dish made with roasted cherry tomatoes in olive oil and placed in a baking dish with a whole block of feta, spices, and herbs. Everything gets baked up until the tomatoes burst and release their sweet and jammy flavor. The feta gets melty and oozy. Mix it all up into a quick sauce, toss in minced garlic, basil, crushed red pepper, and pasta.
Bake the Feta until it’s golden and tender, at the same time the tomatoes need to be roasted for a long time due to which the peel bursts and the juice starts to come out.
This dish is just delicious. I think you will get a better result when you let the feta and tomatoes roast on their own.
Ingredients you need
These are some main ingredients you need for Tiktok feta pasta.
- Pasta – you can choose any shape or size of pasta you like. What matters is that cook pasta to a perfect al dente.
- Feta – use a whole block of feta. You can use crumbled feta too but it doesn’t melt as well as a whole block of feta does.
- Cherry tomatoes – use fresh cherry tomatoes but grape tomatoes work too. Don’t be afraid of using wilted and old tomatoes they are even better and make the dish sweeter.
- Garlic – only use fresh garlic not the processed and chopped garlic that you can buy at the grocery shop.
- Basil – fresh basil works best but you can substitute it with rosemary or thyme if needed.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Add red pepper flakes for just a little bit of the taste or you can add more as your taste buds can handle.
- Olive oil – Olive oil will work for this dish.
- Salt – I suggest tasting the entire dish first as the feta brings a lot of salt to the mixture. You may find that you don’t need any extras.
How to Cook TikTok Feta Pasta?
Here is the recipe for the viral dish Tiktok feta pasta that anyone can easily cook it. There are only a few steps for this dish which is why it is so popular.
- Toss tomatoes, olive oil, and salt in a baking dish together. Be generous with the olive oil if you want the tomatoes to float in it.
- Add a block of feta in the middle then drizzle it with some more olive oil. If you like the heat, add red chili flakes on top.
- Roast the feta and tomatoes. Roast it in a 400-degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes. That high heat is necessary. Then, crank the heat up to 450 and let it cook for another 5 to 10 minutes. The goal is for the tomatoes to burst.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. Simply follow package directions but remove the pot from the heat 1 minute before the specified cooking length. The pasta will continue to soften once it is added to the sauce. Strain well, but reserve some pasta water for the sauce.
- Add the garlic and the basil to the roasted feta tomatoes. Add garlic and basil immediately after removing the baking dish from the oven. The container needs to be hot enough to cook the raw edge of garlic.
- Toss pasta and sauce together. If its surface is shallow then carefully pour everything into a bowl to mix. If the sauce is too dry, add some remaining pasta water
- Taste the dish and then add salt and pepper if needed. Like I said before feta is too salty, which means that you may not need extra salt.
- Serve the dish and enjoy.
Helpful Tips for TikTok Feta Pasta
You should keep these tips in mind if you are cooking tiktok feta pasta. These tips can help you make your pasta the best.
- Be generous with the olive oil. We want a rich sauce and no dry pasta, so that is important.
- Make sure to use a small baking dish so the tomatoes are crowded together and touching. This will help the tomatoes to fit in and transfer into their testiest selves.
- Do not overcook pasta. If you want the noodles to be tough and chewy, undercook them for 1 minute. They will continue to soften as you toss them in the sauce.
- For the best texture cook the pasta just al dente. When tossed with hot sauce, it will absorb it and become a little softer.
- You need to cook the pasta around the same time as feta and tomatoes. This way the pasta is still hot and doesn’t stick together when it’s time to toss it into the sauce.
- If the cherry tomatoes have made the sauce too tangy, add a little sugar. You can also add chopped onions or shallots to the baking dish and sauté them with the feta and tomatoes. This will caramelize the onions and add sweetness to the sauce.
- Also, try to avoid low-fat feta because it will neither melt nor taste as good.
- Reserve some of the pasta water, just in case the sauce turns out dry. You can’t know how succulent tomatoes are so it’s best to be prepared with water.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days when you reheat, add a splash of water to the bowl.
The TikTok feta pasta is a popular dish that went viral in 2019 by Jeinie Hyerinen. She posted her own version of feta patsa on TikTok which was insanely hit. Everyone liked the recipe.
It’s not only a super flavorful dish but it’s also beyond easy to make. It’s one of those perfect dinners that you can make without actually paying attention to it.
This article tells you everything about tiktok feta pasta how it went viral on social media, how to cook it, its ingredients, and some tips that you should use for making the best tiktok feta pasta.